Attention Business Professionals:
* How much is STRESS eating away at your Performance, your Productivity, and your Profits?
* And – are you too STRESSED OUT to even enjoy the benefits of all your hard work?
…If your stress level was cut by 50%…75%…90%…
…If you could spend twice as much time in a true peak state…
…If everyone on your staff could experience those same results…
…What kind of an impact would that have on your business – and your life?
Sound Too Good To Be True?
These are exactly the kind of results being produced by the use of a leading edge stress reduction and performance enhancement technology called EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing. EMDR is an accelerated change technology originally developed in 1987 by California Psychologist Francine Shapiro as a breakthrough treatment method for anxiety and traumatic stress.
Since that time, EMDR has received significant press for the rapid changes it produces (including segments on 20/20 and Dateline NBC), and has had more research studies proving its dramatic speed and profound effectiveness than any other form of treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder. In fact, EMDR was the method used to treat the survivors of the Oklahoma City bombing, and the survivors of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in New York City.
Over the past 25-plus years, EMDR practitioners have been developing ways of applying this technology to many other types of issues, including the stress management and personal development needs of business professionals and their work teams who want to create optimal performance in the workplace.
| EMDR Can Be Used To Eliminate Negative States…
– Apathy and Indifference
– Procrastination and Indecision
– Distractibility and Poor Concentration
– Feelings of Inadequacy, Incompetence, Overwhelm
– Performance Anxiety, Fear of Failure, Fear of Rejection
| And To Strengthen Positive States…
– Focus, Concentration, Motivation
– Self-Confidence and Personal Initiative
– Effective Prioritization and Time Management
– Quick & Effective Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
– Accelerated Learning & Use of New Information and Skills
EMDR has proven to be the most powerful technology to date for creating measurable, sustainable improvements in performance more rapidly than conventional forms of Performance Coaching. EMDR is not just “thinking yourself into acting and feeling better,” but rather a process of actually stimulating your brain and central nervous system to function at a much higher capacity.
As a result, EMDR is extremely effective in changing even the most ingrained patterns in a surprisingly short amount of time – translating into reduced costs for the client and company. Many clients also find EMDR easier to benefit from, in that it does not require the disciplined mental work of most conventional approaches to personal development. Additionally, the changes produced by EMDR really seem to stick, and don’t require ongoing conditioning like traditional coaching methods do.
So How Does EMDR Work?
It appears that this method unlocks and accesses valuable information stored in the brain. The negative states that typically inhibit optimal physical, mental, and emotional functioning are often the direct result of the cumulative effects of stress over time. Results of recent research show that stress damages several different neurobiological processes, resulting in negative alterations to brain chemistry and the blocking of information processing.
EMDR seems to actually accelerate information processing and reverse, resolve, and eliminate the cumulative effects of stress – producing a healthier emotional balance, more constructive thinking patterns, more positive belief systems, and new awarenesses and insights that further improve the client’s functioning in the future. In fact, many clients who had at one time depended on antidepressant medication are able to eliminate their need for these drugs.
Interestingly, Dr. Shapiro and her staff at the EMDR Institute in California will only teach this method to individuals who are already licensed mental health practitioners, so the only Performance Coaches who can be trained in EMDR are those who are also Clinical Psychologists and Psychotherapists.
A word about Mr. Smith’s credentials as an EMDR expert – he is:
- The only Certified EMDR Therapist, Consultant, and Approved Training Provider in Greenville, SC
- A Facilitator and Trainer for the EMDR Institute, the EMDR Humanitarian Assistance Program, and the EMDR International Association
- An internationally recognized EMDR Specialty Presenter, conducting hundreds of trainings all around the world, and personally training more than a thousand EMDR therapists in “The Psychology of High-Performing Leaders” and “EMDR with Children and Adolescents”
For more information about EMDR, see the “What Is EMDR?” page of this website.